Summary of the Executive Board’s meeting 25/2023
THE STUDENT UNION OF HANKEN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
Place: SEB- Sanduddsgatan 7A, floor 2
Time: 30.8.2023 kl 10.00
Ville Ruokonen, Frida Winberg, Emilia Öfverström, Pauliina Haarala, Axel Anderson, Sami Multisilta, Rebecca Laaksonen and Emilia Granqvist
The meeting was opened at 10.03 by chairman Ruokonen
- No notification matters
The following matters were addressed at the meeting:
- The Board granted an exemption for Casa Nostra
- The Board granted an exemption for The Annual Ball Committee
- Rebecca, the responsible for events, reports that the Freshmen Committee (Gekko) and the Master’s Committee have started their activities and have been successful so far
The meeting was closed at 10.20 by chairman Ruokonen
- Hosted with KY a three-day visit to the SHSG student union, including student culture, entrepreneurship with the Business Lab and a meeting with Dean Mika Gabrielsson.
- Participated in Hanken’s management team’s strategy day
- Planned and coordinated the SHS part of the SHSG visit with Hanken, Mika Gabrielsson and Markus Wartiovaara.
- Follow-up with VKO Rebecca on the SHSG meeting
- Coordination with the Presidium and the Secretary General on the Union’s documents.
- Coordinated and wrote a text for event descriptions together with VKO Rebecca.
- Gave an interview to HBL about compulsory attendance and distance studies at Hanken.
- Prepared an interview with Swedish Yle
- Coordinated with the IB board about IB’s situation, and replied to Hanken on their email regarding the situation.
- Had an email meeting with Hanken’s event manager regarding the upcoming Q&A with President Kaljulaid.
- Commented AYY’s statement on racism.
- Attended the Basketball World Cup in Japan.
- Meeting with Hanken regarding databases
- Delegate meeting with Gekko chairman and EC chairman prior to the start with new students.
- Delegate meeting with MC chairman prior to the start with new students.
- Conducted delegate presentation with Frida for the newcomers (gulisarna).
- Conducted delegate presentation with Frida for new master’s students.
- Meeting with SSHV’s educational affairs person to stay updated on what’s happening at respective study locations.
- Moderated a discussion on “a student’s perspective on studies” for the newcomers (gulisarna).
- Created a checklist for tutors on how to handle situations where someone might feel uncomfortable.
- Scheduled the first UU meeting of the fall.
- Hosted program at Gekko’s Sveaborg event together with Frida.
- Instagram takeover on SHS’s account with Frida.
- Planning meeting with a part of the board regarding sitzparty with SHSG and KY
- Infoblast to IBU and booked first meeting
- Prepared a small questionnaire for the breakfast event with President Kaljulaid
- Scheduled SHS events on info screens at Hanken
- Contact with Jennifer (Academic affairs 22) regarding potential visit to Rud Pedersen.
- Plan first IBU meeting agenda
- Attended first songbook meeting
- Wrote first draft of blog post about a potential launch of a new SHS document.
- Correspond with NHHS’ Svaeveru regarding their visit.
- Held a presentation as an ombudsman for new freshmen twice, and once for new masters.
- Ombudsman meeting with freshman president Jesper and exchange committees president Emilia before the start with new students.
- Ombudsman meeting with masters committee presidentDavid before the start with new students.
- Had ombudsman meetings on instagram
- Represented at Gekko’s Sveborg event
- Coordination of Back to Campus
- Wrote a check list for tutors on how to act in situations where someone might be uncomfortable.
- Planning with Rebecca for the BISO visit
- Update with Philip from Vaasa
- Planning of the first BC meeting for the fall
- Lead the first BC meeting
- Planned material for the Overall-team
- Opened the recruitment of the Overall-team
- Meeting with Hanken about HND
- Meeting with DevCo for a potential cooperation in the future
- Represented at Gekko’s Sveaborg event
- Lead on SHS part at Hanken during SHSG visit
- Feedback meeting with Chair Ville regarding SHSG’s visit
- Planned and forwarded event text for FB in collaboration with Chair Ville.
- Planning meeting with Business Committee President Pauliina before BISO visit
- Presented SHS to new BSc students.
- Presented SHS to new MSc students.
- Sent autumn info to SHS clubs
- Updated the SHS Events calendar
- Meeting with Masters’ Committee president regarding autumn
- Meeting with Gekko president regarding the autumn.
- Held first meeting of the SHS songbook review group
- Answered and resolved a lot of messages + e-mails
- Planned Kårtalko with SHS Administration and Maintenance Sami
- Keeping track of the booking calendar
- Giving out corpse keys
- Planned corpse talco with SHS events responsible Rebecca and identified cleaning objectives
- Emailed exchange with stakeholder groups regarding casa, cleaning, etc.
- Made the base for Hanken’s info screens
- Coordinated takeovers on SHSMOMENTS on instagram
- Attended the first meeting of the songbook group
- Updated the SOME calendar
- Made various materials for SHSMOMENTS instagram
- Helped with SHS mail users, made new and updated SHS mailing lists.
- Planned boards takeover on Hanken’s Instagram