Summary of the Executive Board’s meeting 24/2023
THE STUDENT UNION OF HANKEN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
Place: SEB- Sanduddsgatan 7A, floor 2
Time: 23.8.2023 kl 10.07-10.29
Ville Ruokonen, Frida Winberg, Emilia Öfverström, Pauliina Haarala, Axel Anderson, Sami Multisilta, Rebecca Laaksonen, Emilia Granqvist and Emma Lindvall
The meeting was opened at 10.07 by chairman Ruokonen
- The introduction week for the freshmen has started
The following matters were addressed at the meeting:
- The Board extended the application time for the position as student representative (deputy) to the Departamental Council for Marketing and Logistics in Helsinki.
- The Board extended the application time for the position as student representative (regular) to the Departamental Council for Accounting and Commercial Law in Helsinki.
- Participation in the 34th anniversary of Finanssi ry:s, 104th anniversary of ÅAS and 34th anniversary of Probba.
The meeting was closed at 10.29 by chairman Ruokonen
- Strategy day no. 7 with focus on the Board’s and SHS’s strategy for the fall.
- Attended the Hanken Strategy 2030 task force meeting
- Preparations for the Hanken Management strategy day
- Attended SYL Johdon seminar for two days
- Meeting with SSHV President Frans about the fall.
- Planning for the board’s strategy day
- Meeting with Emma Lindvall and Emilia Winqvist regarding the union’s economic strategy.
- Made presentation of the union to the intro days for BA, MA and exchange students
- Made the union president’s video greeting to new students.
- Planned and coordinated SHS part for the visit of SHSG and focus goals of the meeting together with Beccy.
- Coordination with the Rector’s assistant about meetings at Hanken and inskription’s dinners.
- Clarified the situation regarding IB’s opening hours and activities.
- Had a meeting with VKO and the presidium about the upcoming fall.
- Met with Hanken’s event team regarding the upcoming meeting with President Kaljulaid.
- Meeting with elders council chair Nicolina Massa about SHS for the fall.
- Commented on AYY’s statement on racism
- Meeting with Emilia and Secretary General regarding the fall
- Coordinated and planned for “A Student’s Perspective on Studies”
- Planned the representatives’ participation in the orientation days together with Frida and Henna Konsti
- Ordered UU badges in preparation for the student union seminar
- Proofread and provided input for a text about BiB for Niord’s membership magazine
- Checked with the communication team at Hanken about SHS on info-TV
- Meeting with Secretary General and Mikaela (HUS) about SYL meetings and the General Assembly
- Meeting with Axel and Secretary General about the autumn
- Planning of the autumn (IBU) and reading of the will (testamente?) + ibus yearly clock
- Made a story about running for the SYL board
- Established telegram group with those in SYL who speaks swedish
- Resigned from the OLL Strategy Group.
- Planned the representatives’ participation in the introduction days together with Axel and Henna Konsti.
- Meeting with Projekt Växthus and my counterpart in Vaasa regarding the development of the activities of StödHankeiterna.
- Meeting with Hoas
- Planning the Back to Campus event (designing overall badges, planning who will be there etc.)
- Coordinated with NU on upcoming fall
- Signed a new cooperation contract with Malja Helsinki
- Meeting with Hanken about HND
- Tried to remind companies about HND, events, overalls and invoices
- Held SHS CCV and sectoral strategic workshop during the Board’s strategy day.
- Casa 50 group’s first meeting of the autumn: set deadlines and planned interim objectives for the teams.
- Communicated with BISO regarding their visit.
- Planned focus area for SHSG visit together with Ville
- Updated the event calendar (Gekko & EC times)
- 1-to-1 with EC president regarding autumn
- Brainstormed and made a preliminary plan for the SHS cultural heritage identification process.
- Attended Presidium x KO x VKO meeting regarding autumn actualities.
- Coordinated bookings
- Started giving out keys to gekko
- Assigned cleaning weeks to committees
- Ordered cleaning for bigger events in the beginning of fall
- Fixed and helped with SHS – mails and made new groups
- Updated shsmoments (instagram & tiktok)
- Planned & finalised new some-material (events of the month)
- Been in contact with Hanken regarding SHS & SDG week.