The application for the Project Course in CSR and Humanitarian Logistics (38019) is open!
The application for the Project Course in CSR and Humanitarian Logistics (38019) is open! The deadline for applications is on Monday, December 6th 2021. The project course will be running during the spring term 2022 (P3-P4). Please see below for more information about the case organisations and the application process.
The overall aim of the 10 ECTS course is to immerse students in questions related to social and environmental responsibility or humanitarian logistics by using, analysing, and solving real-world problems provided by case organizations. The students will form groups of approximately 3-4 persons and work with a project for an organization. Depending on the nature of the project this will entail work for the organisation for e.g., half a day every week over 8 weeks. During the project period, students will gather valuable working experience and knowledge about a specific issue in relation to social and/or environmental responsibility or humanitarian logistics. For more information please visit WebOodi.
Course learning Objectives:
- understand how concepts related to social and environmental responsibility are put into practice;
- use relevant decision support models;
- work in projects and team work more effectively;
- use methods needed to collect and assess information;
- orally present projects and their results
Language of Instruction:
English; some of the projects may entail knowledge of Finnish.
Case Organisations 2022 (see organisation and project descriptions here):
- Vanhamäki Welfare Center
- Forum Virium
- Squadron (humanitarian logistics project)
- IMPACCT (HL project)
- Finn Church Aid (HL project)
Application for the course:
To apply, please fill in this form (deadline Mon 6.12.2021): https://forma.hanken.fi/lomakkeet/2200/lomakkeet.html
The application form primarily asks for:
- A brief letter of project application where you outline which of the projects three projects you would be most interested to work on, in order of preference (and why?), and a few lines on your perceived strengths and weaknesses working in groups and projects.
- Your CV
(We need these documents to optimally try to match project organizations and students. Please do not send any applications via email as that will not be acknowledged. A CV is required for the application to be considered.)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org