aTalent: ICEYE – Intern, Sales Finance
Type: Part-time, fixed term
Location: Maarintie 6,02150 Espoo
Application DL: 19.11.2023
ICEYE is seeking a Master’s level Sales Finance Intern with an analytical mindset and can-do attitude to join their Sales Finance team in a growing international New Space company!
This is a part-time and fixed-term internship of 6 months which may lead to a longer or even permanent employment opportunity after the initial internship period. The working hours vary between 22,5 to 37,5 hours per week and can be flexibly adjusted according to your schedule. We hope you can start working as soon as possible and we proceed with suitable candidates right away. Therefore, we encourage you to apply sooner rather than later!
As an Intern in Sales Finance, you will be exposed to ICEYE’s cooperative working culture that values diversity of thought and perspective. You will also gain an understanding of sales finance compensation planning and revenue forecasting, as well as other tasks related to combining and analyzing data. You will be given meaningful assignments and the opportunity to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, allowing you to make a real impact. This is a unique opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience in a rapidly growing, innovative technology company in the fascinating New Space industry!
More specifically, your primary responsibilities are the following:
- Calculating sales bonus achievements
- Assisting the regular finance reporting cycles by compiling the required data, preparing material deliverables, and performing data consolidations
- Preparing sales forecasts
- Collecting and compiling data for various requests related to commercial and product requests
- Supporting capital investment decisions by preparing business cases
- Responding and preparing a broad range of sophisticated recurring and ad-hoc analysis
- Other supporting tasks related to Sales Finance.
To succeed in this role, we expect you have:
- Relevant Master’s level studies in Finance or Accounting, preferably in the final stages of the studies
- Knowhow in financial and analytical modeling and proficiency in Excel
- Good problem-solving skills – you like to play with numbers and learn by doing!
- Strong analytical mindset with high attention to detail and an organized way of working
- Self-driven working style and hands-on attitude
- Solid interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and good communication skills in English
- Prior work experience in relevant tasks is seen as an asset
What ICEYE offers you:
- A great opportunity to gain professional experience in a fascinating New Space domain
- Diverse and inspiring tasks where you get to play with numbers and have an impact
- Working hours that can be flexibly adjusted according to your schedule –
- Potential for permanent employment after the internship period, as ICEYE is a growing company with lots of future opportunities
- Exciting opportunity to work with a diverse, talented, and fun team
- A company where diversity & inclusion are core values
- Inspiring and collaborative offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE!
We process applications as soon as they arrive and select people for an interview as soon as suitable candidates are found, so please apply quickly! You can submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF format now, or by the 19th of November via our application system here: https://atalent.fi/open-position/iceye-intern-sales-finance-209209?utm_medium=email&utm_source=shs&utm_campaign=studo. Please also mention your salary request, your thoughts on the desired amount of working hours, and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with ICEYE here: https://www.iceye.com/. For more information regarding the application process, you may contact aTalent’s Senior Recruitment Manager Sofia Latva-Koivisto (+358 50 321 4473, sofia.latva-koivisto(at)atalent.fi.
In this position, you will be employed as aTalent employee at ICEYE.
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 60 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!