Communications Trainee x2 – Vaasa & Helsinki
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä’s Communications & Branding function leads inspirational, best-in-class communications and branding to boost Wärtsilä’s reputation and business. Our aim is to position Wärtsilä as a strong and agile, sustainable technology leader, providing key stakeholders a consistent, true & fair view of the company. We drive a collaborative culture to increase motivation and performance.
We are currently looking for two (2) freshly graduated talents or students just finalising their studies as our next Communications Trainees. One position is in the Corporate Communications team and the other in the Brand team. Both positions are paid six-month (starting in January) internships with a competitive entry level salary (approximately 2850€/month).
Location for these positions is either in Helsinki, Finland or in Vaasa, Finland.
As our Corporate Communications or Brand Trainee, your main responsibilities are:
- Producing and publishing content in our different company channels internally and externally
- Daily media monitoring activities
- Writing, editing and translating texts and presentations
- Taking photos & videos, and editing them
- Driving small campaigns or sub-projects on your own
- Assistance in daily operational activities
- Being an active member in the Communications network, offering expertise and support in any actual topics.
- Supporting functions and businesses in key company topics’ communication globally.
- Supporting both internal and external event arrangements
- Supporting with Finnish and global partnership co-ordination and arrangements
- Together with the team, development of the tools and processes in use within the function (e.g. online brand guidelines and image library tools)
Key skills to be successful in this role:
- University degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience
- Prior knowledge of content management systems (e.g. SharePoint)
- At minimum, basic skills of photo and video editing (e.g. PhotoShop)
- Advanced English & Finnish language skills, both written and verbal (writing, editing and proof-reading).
- Good IT skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills to collaborate both with your colleagues and also with external stakeholders and partners
- Analytical skills – e.g. you’re able to pick up the essential results of a research paper and bring them into new context
In our team, we value:
- Good team spirit combined with self-driven attitude
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively across organisational and geographical borders. Open communicator.
- Experience in producing content for a variety of audiences (e.g. intranet article, press release, social media updates).
- Knowledge of digital communications channels.
- Familiarity with modern communications technology and interest in its development and trends
- Self-motivated, curious, creative, positive and enthusiastic nature
- Ability to plan and execute systematically, well-organized, with hands-on attitude
- Good eye for detail, eager to learn new things, comfortable with change
- Courage to challenge status quo and bring up own opinions when brainstorming with the team.
Why you and us:
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies, and our Marine and Energy visions into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
You will be a part of a global organization and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer various interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team. You will have real possibilities to contribute to developing our practices with your input and you can influence your scope of work by your own activity and interests.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps:
If you feel that you’re ready to become a part of our team and think your skills and persona match the task at hand, we look forward to receiving your job application through our careers portal.
For further questions, please reach out to:
- Saara Smura, Vice President, Corporate Communications by email: saara.smura(a)wartsila.com or by phone on Thursday 21 October, between 08-10 EEST +358 50 3635 577.
- Ritva Seppänen, Vice President, Brand by email ritva.seppanen(a)wartsila.com or by phone on Thursday 21 October, between 10-12 EEST +358 50 5968 360.
We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way and it’s good to note that it might take up to 2 weeks from application deadline until we’ve been able to review all applications.
Please apply here by 7th of November 2021 at 23:59 EEST.
These positions are part of the campaign “Tehdään Töitä” by Suomen Mentorit (https://suomenmentorit.fi/tehdaan-toita)