Quantum invites applications for an INTERNSHIP
Quantum invites applications for an INTERNSHIP starting the 1 October 2021 to 15 June 2022
Quantum is a hub for big data and data-driven decision making that coordinates databases at Hanken and organizes hackathons, programming courses and other events.
We offer a stimulating Quantum work environment with a professional and social mix of students and alumni, Hanken faculty and staff, and other collaboration partners. The internship involves participation in the running of the day-to-day operations and digital communication of the Lab in Helsinki, and assisting with Quantum hackathons.
The work includes, but is not limited to, the following main tasks:
- Coordinating Quantum events together with and under the guidance of the Quantum Director
- Collaboration with the Quantum Hackathon production partner
- Assisting in designing Quantum’s own hackathon platform
- Sharing news from Quantum events through social media
- Together with and under the guidance of the Quantum Director assisting in designing the Quantum teaching module for students and alumni
- Assisting the Director and Professors of practice, CEOs/executives in residence and other event assistants
- Contributing to a good and functional working environment for everyone working in the Quantum premises.
We are looking for a BSc-level or an MSc-level student in finance, accounting or economics who is well-organised with good interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Competency in standard software and social media is essential. The successful candidate is proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Swedish and Finnish is a merit.
Hanken students majoring in finance, economics and the FABD program can attain credits for the internship provided that the required report is submitted and accepted (for more information contact the major’s examiner). Other students need to contact their own department to ensure that the internship meets the set criteria and can be included in the degree.
The position is 15 hours/week with flexible office hours to be jointly decided upon. The salary is 900 €/month. The trial period is three months.
Enquiries may be directed to Quantum’s Director Benjamin Maury, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +358 40 3521422.
An application letter, including a CV and a Transcript of Records of Studies shall be submitted via Hanken’s recruitment database by 28 September. Other relevant documents (e.g. certificates, recommendations) may be submitted with the application.
Application period starts: 2021-09-15 10:00 Application period ends: 2021-09-28 23:59
Read more and apply: https://hanken.rekrytointi.com/paikat/index.php?jid=200&key=&o=A_RJ&rspvt=9z53aoge1h4wog8ck48448ww4ogs4wk