Tesi is looking for Communications Trainee
Tesi is now looking for a full-time, fixed-term (6 months) Communications Trainee with a curious mindset and proactive working style. This is a great opportunity for a student or graduate to gain relevant work experience and kickstart your career. Read more and apply now!
Tesi: Communications Trainee
Type: Fixed-term, 6 months
Preferred background: 4th – 5th year of studies
Work hours: Full-time
Starting date: January 2021
Location: Porkkalankatu 1, 00180 Helsinki
Application deadline: 11.10.2020
Tesi is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of renewing economic growth by investing in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 1.6 billion euros and an underlying portfolio of 700 companies.
For further information about Tesi, please visit www.tesi.fi | @TesiFII
Tesi is now looking for a full-time, fixed-term (6 months) Communications Trainee with a curious mindset and proactive working style.
You will work with a small communications team and assist them in various projects and tasks. Your work will include for example website and intranet updates, web analytics, media/social media monitoring and analytics, social media postings, presentation materials and event coordination. Additionally your role includes proofreading, editing and short translations (Finnish-English-Finnish) as well as other communications-related tasks. You may also get your own projects based on your interest. This is a new Trainee role at Tesi so you also have the opportunity to partially influence your job description. We don’t expect you to be a full professional, yet this is a great chance to get to utilize your full potential.
Spirit & Guts
As a state-owned venture capital and private equity company, Tesi aims for a beneficial social impact, profitable investments and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous, long-term development work. As an employer, Tesi believes in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business.
– Relevant university studies, for example in marketing, communications or business studies
– Proactive working style, curious and innovative mindset and hands-on attitude
– Eye for detail and good organisational skills
– Very good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
– Good visual skills and a creative mind
– Good skills in MS Office (especially Powerpoint)
– Interest in the Finnish economy and startup ecosystem
– We also consider previous work experience in relevant positions an asset (e.g. volunteer work, subject association experience, event management)
We offer you
– Challenging and versatile communications tasks from day one
– Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas
– Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
– An easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time very results-driven culture
– Excellent opportunity to learn about growth companies and the venture capital and private equity industry
– Fair compensation and lunch benefit
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records in pdf-format by latest 11th of October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/tesi-communications-trainee-9-2020. A link to your portfolio will also be preferable. For more information, please, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Laura Seppä (040 557 93 89, laura.seppa[at]atalent.fi) in the following times: 5.10 at 11.00-12.00 or 9.10 at 09.30-10.30 or Tesi’s Communications Specialist Kalle Myllylä (+358 40 839 0512) 6.10. at 11-13 or 7.10. at 14-15.
In this position you will be directly employed by Tesi.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
Monday 28.09: Application period starts
Sunday 11.10: Application period ends
Week 42: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
October 2020: Personal interviews with Tesi
October 2020: Decisions and employment contract
January 2021: Start date